May 28, 2012

Tomato Basil and Mozzarella Salad

The one thing I love about this time of year is all the summer vegetables that arrive. I grew up with a grandmother that search for the very best garden vegetables one could find. If she could not grow it, she found someone who did. My grandmother bought peas by the bushel and I found peace and comfort in shelling peas with her each summer.
As a child, summer dinners often consisted of a large garden tomato, fresh fried okra, and a bowl of cream peas.
How can you beat that!
As you can see I have always had a love for summer vegetables. I will be posting a great number of vegetable dishes this summer so stay tuned!
Today I am sharing a favorite lunch of mine. Who's kidding, sometimes I have this for dinner too! A few day ago I picked my first bunch of sweet cherry tomatoes out of my garden and had to make this salad. If you have never put paired these ingredients together, please do!

Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad 

The best thing about salads is no measuring is required!
All you need is:

cherry tomatoes (halved)
a salad cucumber (sliced, I use pickling cucumbers)
a few sprigs of fresh basil
Mozzarella Pearls
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for drizzling)
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper (to taste)

Mix well and enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Audra! Found you via the FB hop! I love all the recipes you've been posting... simple and delicious! I'm a mommy myself and always looking for new recipes. So glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Sometimes the best recipes/dishes are the most simple. I love that your salad recipe lets the tomato, mozzarella and basil be the stars without getting lost in a vinaigrette or sauce. Thank you for sharing. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes please!! Basil + tomato gets me every time :)
    Just made pizza over the weekend with those star ingredients and it was so good. I've made a salad similar to this sans cucumbers - gotta try the addition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy. So simple quick to make one. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect summer recipe-- I can't wait to try it at our next cook out.

    Aloha,
    Just stopping by again to say hi from the ALOHA Friday HOP-- thanks for joining us for the fun. I'm off to find ya on Pinterest as well.

    Happy Weekend,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The most amazing flavors of summer all in your gorgeous salad!! I love this recipe, Audra! Thank you for sharing on Fit and Fabulous Fridays!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...