February 1, 2012

Tuesday’s Kitchen Tip {how to remove those nasty water deposits off your fridge water dispenser tray}

Pin It

Hello All! I know I am a day late on this post, but things have been hectic around here.
Today’s kitchen tip is how to remove those nasty water deposits off your fridge water dispenser tray! I live in the Houston area and we have extremely hard water and because of this we have to battle hard water mineral deposits.
I have actually tried to scrub, dishwash, and bleach this tray and nothing seemed to remove these mineral deposits.
Before and After Fridge Water Dispenser Tray
Well the answer was in my kitchen the whole time. White Vinegar!
Who knew?
I love cleaning with vinegar. I make my own glass and all purpose cleaner with a vinegar mixture and I use vinegar as a fabric softener in the laundry, but I never knew it tackled hard water mineral deposits until now!
I know this may not be news to some of you, but I was pretty happy I found a “green” solution to this battle!
Directions:
Soak water dispenser tray in white vinegar overnight and in the morning give it a soft scrub and rinse!
You will be amazed! I know I was :)
-This also works for shower heads
&
the kitchen sink sprayer!

13 comments:

  1. White Vinegar...REALLY!!? Wow! That's so great!!! I'm so excited for this fun new tip!!! I'm so glad you're linked up this week for the first time!!! That totally makes my day!!! Hope your week is great, too!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! I live in the Houston area too and I get so tired of looking at those hard water deposits on the water dispenser tray. I'm definitely going to use your tip. Thanks for inspiring.

    Sharon
    mrshinesclass.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried everything...but not this. Thanks for the tip!
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Use vinegar to clean tons of things!! It's amazing stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you posted this! I just used white vinegar to clean the outside of our fish tank filter the other day. I didn't even think of using it on that fridge tray! I'm going to go do it right now. :) Thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! What a great tip! I can't wait to try. I like using more natural cleaning products... especially on things that touch your food :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huh! Who knew?! Great tip; glad you linked up at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Audra!! I SO appreciate you linking up last week!! I loved reading all of your awesome tips and recipes! And, this one?? Rocked my world! Just last week I tried the dishwasher on my tray and it did not work. Totally getting out the vinegar now!! You are so full of info! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Featuring you on One Artsy Mama tomorrow, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am trying this tomorrow! Thanks for the tip.
    Blythe
    www.thedesperatecraftwives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mum always said white vinigar had so many uses

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this.I'm trying it tonight!☺

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...