August 17, 2012

Homemade Ranch Dressing

I will be honest I have never made homemade ranch dressing until recently! One of my good foodie friends, The Fountain Avenue Kitchen,  did a guest post for me this summer and posted her recipe for Better for You Ranch Dressing, check out the original recipe here! I quickly tried Ann's recipe and it was amazing! I then ran out of chives in my garden because all my kiddos loved it and I was making this dressing daily! After I had made Ann's dressing a few times and then ran out of chives, I was inspired to add a few ingredients of my own. I would love to share this recipe with you because it is such a big hit around this kitchen! Don't forget to stop by and visit Ann's blog, The Fountain Avenue Kitchen, she has amazing, healthy recipes the whole family will enjoy!

Homemade Ranch Dressing
Homemade Ranch Dressing
6 TBS nonfat plain Greek yogurt
6 TBS low fat mayo  (I use Kraft Mayo made with olive oil)
2 TBS finely chopped chives or 2 tsp dried chopped chives
2 TBS finely copped Italian parsley or 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
2 TBS tarragon vinegar
2/3 cup low fat buttermilk
1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning
1 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper (or to taste)

Add all ingredients to a pint size mason jar, seal, and shake to mix well, or blend all ingredients in a blender. Store in refrigerator; I let all my  flavors marinate overnight. Serve over salad or as a veggie dip. Enjoy!



8 comments:

  1. I keep telling myself I need to try making some homemade dressings and here's another GREAT reminder! Looks so good! I love your grilled pizza also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great and I love that it is all natural too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so great! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am pinning this recipe NOW so I can make it in a few days! Thanks for joining Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back on Sunday to vote! www.foodiefriendsfriday.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make my own croutons and some of my own vinaigrette but haven't made any dressings. My husband uses ranch all the time so will have to try it. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.
    http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This dressing sounds sooo good! And much healthier than store bought dressing! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to see this again! Mine is ready to go, too: ) Happy New Year to you and your family, Audra!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...