August 9, 2012

Grilled Pizza

Grilled pizza is something new I discovered this summer. In the past it never entered my mind to put pizza dough on the grill, but I promise once you grill your first perfect pizza there is no turning back!

Grilled Pizza

Click here for the bread machine pizza dough recipe I use and my homemade pizza sauce!

Ingredients:
olive oil
pizza dough
pizza sauce
mozzarella cheese
pizza toppings
parmesan cheese
oregano
garlic and herb seasoning

Directions:
First, cut dough for the size of pizza you would like. I find smaller pizzas work better for me than trying to roll out a 16 inch pizza per se! Do what ever feels comfortable to you. Roll your pizza into any shape, it gives the pizza more character. I like mine thin!
rolling out pizza dough
 
Preheat your grill. I have a gas grill; I warm my grill on medium heat about 400 degrees and adjust as needed.

  Place dough on foil and then on the heated grill.
Allow the dough to cook on the grill for about 3- 5 minutes and then take the dough off the grill and flip dough over.

Brush pizza with olive oil. I season my olive oil with a little garlic and herb seasoning.
Brush Olive Oil_thumb[1]

Keep the dough on the foil and apply sauce, cheese, and toppings. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and oregano.

The pizza in the picture above has my homemade pizza sauce
click here for the recipe,
shredded mozzarella cheese, turkey pepperoni, seasoned hamburger meat (cooked) , black olives, and thinly sliced onions, and bell peppers!

Then put the pizza back on the grill with foil under the dough and close the lid. Check often, it doesn't take long. Once the cheese is melted take the foil off the bottom. You can tell when to take the foil off by how stable the crust is, and then finish grilling the pizza to your liking!

Tongs are a must for this project!
This is how I grill my pizza :) I hope you found useful tips and will enjoy a grilled pizza of your own soon!

7 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful, I love grilled pizza (grilled most things, actually)

    Mal @ The Chic Geek

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound delicious! It must give the pizza an awesome flavour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pizza on the grill is something I've been planning for a while. This looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love grilled pizza and this looks amazing as always! My mouth is watering! Great job sweetie! Have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't go wrong with grilled pizza. Love your choice of toppings. Looks wonderful. Way better than the Papa Murphy's we picked up on the way home last night after Happy Hour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Audra,
    Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party at Walking on Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...