February 10, 2012

Valentine Sugar Cookies

Pin It

This was my first time making roll out sugar cookies!
I am such a drop by the spoonful kinda girl!
When I was looking for a recipe I went to the one and only
Sweetopia! 
If you have never stopped by to visit this blog, hop over there right now! Marian’s blog/website is packed full of how to tutorials.
I did not attempt royal icing, but it is on my to-do-list.

For icing I used my whipped topping recipe, find the recipe below!

Valentine Sugar Cookies
Click here for the Sugar Cookie Recipe.
I halved the cookie recipe and it made
approximately 20 heart shaped cookies
for the size of cookie cutter I was using.

How to make…

Pink Whipped Topping

I use whipped cream often in the place of icing. YUM YUM!

Ingredients

2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup of powder sugar sifted
Wilton’s pink icing color
(add a little at a time to reach desired shade)

Chill your mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Then in a large metal bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in vanilla and sugar until peaks form. Enjoy on top of cupcakes, cookies, or heart shaped pancakes. The possibilities are endless!

After topping your heart cookies with whipped topping add pretty and festive sprinkles and enjoy!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

5 comments:

  1. so pretty...and they look tasty too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my newest blog follower! Thanks for your kind comment on my itty, bitty, kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! You did a wonderful job for it bring your first time making rolled out sugar cookies. Looks a like a pro made them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!
    Gorgeous Valentine's Day Cookies.
    These look wonderful!
    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...