Today I am skipping my Tuesday's Kitchen Tip to bring you a
cute little cupcake!
There is something about cupcakes that make me smile :)
My precious sister bought me these cute cupcakes liners from
Pick Your Plum
and invited me to share a cupcake recipe for
these adorable liners at her
Pick Your Plum Party!
If you have any projects using
Pick Your Plum products head over to
Ashley and Jenette’s Party
and link up any creations, projects, gifts, or tutorials.
(This includes showing us ways to wear or pair any fashion items such as shirts, scarfs, jewelry, etc.)
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY SO HURRY AND HOP ON OVER THERE!
I picked the green polka dot cupcake liners for this recipe in honor of St. Patty’s Day!
Lime Jell-O Poke Cupcakes
Ingredients for Cupcakes
( I used this Simple White Cake Recipe)
makes 12 cupcakes
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
3 oz box of lime Jell-O
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
3. Bake cupcakes 20 to 25 minutes.
Cupcakes are done when it springs back to the touch.
You can pick any flavor of Jell-O!
I used lime because it’s green and Wilton’s Rainbow Sugar Sprinkles because it fits the St. Patty’s Day theme!
4. Boil 1 cup water and add 3oz box of Jell-O, stir until completely dissolved.
5. Poke holes in cupcakes with fork or toothpick. Don't be afraid to poke right down in the cupcake, you want plenty of holes for the jell-o to seep into.
7. Place cupcakes in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Then top with whipped topping, decorate, and enjoy!
I used homemade whipped topping and tinted it with Wilton’s green icing color.
Recipe for Whipped Topping
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 TBS of powder sugar sifted
Wilton’s green icing color
(add a little at a time to reach desired shade)
Chill your mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Then in a large metal bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in vanilla and sugar until peaks form. Now add icing color a little at a time to reach your desired shade.
After topping your Jell-O Poke Cupcakes with whipped topping add pretty and festive sprinkles and enjoy!
These cupcakes are perfect for any gathering!