May 14, 2012

Blueberry, Banana, Coconut Smoothie

 
Good Morning Everyone! I trust you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! I hope all your families out there spoiled you because you deserve it! Well, this morning I have a wonderful smoothie recipe for you to try.

Blueberry, Banana, Coconut Smoothie

When hot weather enters the Houston area, smoothies are made in my kitchen daily! My family loves fresh fruit and we enjoy experimenting with a variety of milk from coconut to almond. I love the flavor each one brings to a smoothie. Now on to the recipe...

Blueberry, Banana, Coconut Smoothie
makes about 2 cups
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 banana
1 cup Coconut Dream
Try the smoothie without sweeteners and
if needed add
sugar of your choice
I used a 1/2 tsp of truvia in this smoothie

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth! If you use fresh blueberries add a few ice cubes at a time until you reach your desired consistency.

Now that's one nutritious, yet refreshing breakfast everyone will enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. This is too coincidental, I made a smoothie identical to this this morning! Instead of Coconut Dream, I used thai kitchen coconut milk, and voila! Seriously delicious!
    I love that you served yours in a mason jar, it looks pretty and keeps drinks cool as well. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your recipes are great, but I have to confess I'm partial to the beverages! I love the wonderful combinations! I also want to let you know I've nominated you and your blog for the One Lovely Blog award. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us! You can find more award information at It's not just about the recipe. Thanks, again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy & so CUTE! :) Would love for you to share with my readers at my linky party {stringtownhome.blogspot.com}!

    So glad I found you - I am a new follower!

    have a great week!
    -heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love smoothies I love coconut so what a great combination.
    Thanks for sharing stopping by from the eye heart link party

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big smoothie eater. Daily for breakfast when it's hot out. Thank you for the new idea. And thanks for linking up too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love smoothies, too! Though I don't wait for hot weather to make them, otherwise I would have very few smoothies (I'm in the Seattle area). I've been experimenting with coconut water for smoothies-- it works well, gives a light coconut flavor, and is very low-cal, especially compared to coconut milk!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...