May 31, 2012

Mint Lemonade Cookies

Hello it is Christian, Audra's daughter, and I am back to share a wonderful, refreshing treat I recently made in the kitchen. My mom has always made a different version of these cookies at Christmas ever since I can remember.

This spring I put a fresh, new spin on the cookies I grew up with. I call them Mint Lemonade Cookies. I have recently been baking in the kitchen, since school is almost out and I have attended many end of the year parties. The parties I have attended were outside with water games and in the hot baking sun, and well we all know Texas is the hottest place on earth ;). What better treat than a Mint Lemonade Cookie to cool you off before continuing to play in the sun!

The first time I made these I did not include mint. My mom and I tried the cookies and decided that something was just missing. Mint, of course, is what my mom suggested and I made them a second time, with mint, and they tasted perfect! When tasting your first cookie you experience the flavor of mint and then a burst of lemon, it is so refreshing.

Mint Lemonde Cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup heavy whipping cream

1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake box mix

1 large egg

2 TBS + 2 tsp finely chopped fresh mint

1/2 cup shifted powdered sugar

Directions:
makes about 4-5 dozen depending on the size of your cookies

First, chill your mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Pour whipping cream into the chilled bowl and mix until peaks form and you have the texture of whipping cream (usually takes 5 to 6 minutes). Once the whipping cream is ready, measure out 1 cup of whipped cream and place into a large bowl!

Then add the lemon cake box mix, egg, and chopped mint with the whipping cream and blended well. If you do not have a kitchen aid mixer, it will take some arm muscle to mix the batter. The batter will be thick and very sticky.

DSC_6075

Shift powdered sugar on a clean flat surface. First dust your hands in the powdered sugar (so the batter will not stick to your hands) then take a small spoonful of batter and roll in the powdered sugar and form it into a ball. Make sure all cookies are rolled into evenly sized balls.

DSC_6072 

Place on a cookie sheet that is covered with parchment paper and bake at 350 degree F for 8 to 10 minutes. They may be very soft coming out of the oven but once the cool they will set. Once out of the oven place on a cooling rack for about 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy.

DSC_6077

I hope you enjoy this tasty treat, it is a definite crowd pleaser on a hot summer day. Once my cookies were at the party they were literally devoured in an instant. Later this week I will be making
Banana Split Cupcakes
for my next end of the year gathering. They are completely delicious and they too are another great crowd pleaser.

14 comments:

  1. Such an original idea! Your mom should be proud! It's like.. lemonade and mojito's combined! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I am droooling...

    Aloha,
    Following ya now from the hop and am so looking forward to all of the yumminess. We're riding the wave of life at localsugarhawaii.com and I'd love it if you'd join us for the ride. It sure would be sweeter with you and those cookies on board.

    xoxo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous my friend! Simply delish! Thanks for coming over and joining the fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These just sound heavenly:) I bet its a cool clean taste. Just popping over from One Artsy Mama to see what's cooking:) I would love for you to share this at Freedom Fridays. So hoping to see you and your cookies there!
    PS Still enjoying following you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Christian! These sound sooo good! Lemon is such a summery flavor, and I'd be really interested to try them with the mint; that's a neat flavor combo! Thanks for sharing this at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound so refreshing! I cant wait to see the banana split cupcakes.
    I'd love for you to link these up to my recipe party Whatcha Whipped Up Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have listed your posting as one of my featured links for this week on my Friday Favorite Blog Links

    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/favorite-friday-blog-links-week-8.html

    Grab the link below to show that you are a featured blogger on Friday Favorite Blog Links.


    I am a Featured Blogger at Adorned From Above's Fridays Favorite Blogs Links

    Sincerely,
    Debi Bolocofsky
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry this link will not work today.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I'm going to poke around and see what other recipes you have to inspire me with:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want these right now, mint and citrus is my favorite combination and these look like they would be so easy. It is going into my too make list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound delicious! I am pinning them to try them in the future. Thanks for sharing them with us:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What do u do with the left over whipped cream?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can do anything you would like with the whipped cream! Whipped cream makes a nice dip for fruit and a dollop on coffee or hot chocolate is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...