July 26, 2012

Pesto and Tomato Grilled Cheese

Pesto and Tomatoe Grilled Cheese

The fun thing about grilled cheese sandwiches is you do not have to stop at cheese. As I was preparing lunch one day, I found left over pesto in the fridge and thought that would be so good on a grilled cheese melt!
Once I made this little, hot sandwich I was in love with all the flavors! Definitely a keeper...why didn't I marry these flavors together sooner! All in good time...

Ingredients
pesto
Click here for fresh basil pesto recipe
sliced avocados
baby spinach (washed and dried)
diced or sliced fresh tomato
thinly sliced Munster or Mozzarella cheese
sliced bread
softened butter

Directions
Completely
butter one side of each slice of bread. Spread pesto on the opposite side of each slice of bread.
Heat pan or griddle over medium heat.
Place one slice of bread in the pan, buttered side down, lay a slice of cheese then top with baby spinach, sliced avocados, tomato slices, another slice of cheese, and the remaining slice of bread, buttered side up!
Turn the heat down a notch and cook until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes.
Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 2-4 minutes.

Enjoy!





7 comments:

  1. That looks GREAT! Don't forget our Foodie Friends Friday party tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for tomorrow's lunch. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to make pesto.... this sandwich looks delicious. Thanks for posting on Foodie Friends Friday.
    marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back on Sunday to VOTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm.....wonderful! I just bought some gluten-free bread, I've gotta try this...I love pesto :) Hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Audra, I love those avocados in there!! This is one delicious sammie!! Thanks for sharing at Fit and Fab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never think to add anything special to grilled cheese. And that's a shame. Basil, tomato, avocados--what a great summer sandwich. Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...