July 3, 2012

Guest Post - Cherished Bliss

Hey Everyone, I’m Ashley, and I am so excited to be helping out my sister today!! You can find me over at
my blog, Cherished Bliss, most days ; )
Ashley_edited-1
HEADER PLAIN
I am a mother of two and wife to an amazing man! My kids keep me on my toes and I love every minute of it! Over at my blog you can take a peek into my creative life and see what I work on when I’m not cooking, cleaning, and chasing kids around! Ok fine, I don’t cook as much as my sister does ; ) You caught me!

Today I’m going to show you how to make mini Pink Lemonade Pies and Pink Lemonade Pie in a jar! Two recipes?! What! Yeah… that’s not completely normal for me to have 2 recipes to share! Ok fine, you caught me again. Technically the are the same recipe, I just “prepared” them differently.

My daughter just turned two and I made them for her birthday! These pies are so refreshing and cool! You will love them on any summer day!

Mini Pink Lemonade Pies Recipe
These are super easy to make! So easy my 4 year old son helped me : ) Now I can’t take complete credit for these, you can find the full Recipe at Creative Homemaking (for the pie itself)

--The change I made was that I used 3/4 of the can of the pink lemonade concentrate--
(visit creative homemaking from the pie recipe)

PLEASE NOTE: this recipe makes approx 12 mini pies and 3 pies in a jar

For the topping I used my own recipe (with guidance from my lovely sister!) 

{Whipped Topping}

2 cups Heavy whipping cream 
2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice  
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar  
1/2 to 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract (based on taste preference)  
A few drops of red food coloring (optional)

{Recipe}
-First thing you need to do is put a large metal bowl in the freezer and chill it for about 10-15 minutes.
-Then pour your whipping cream into the bowl and whip it until thickened and peaks are about to form.
-Next mix in your sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice. Whip until peaks form.
-Stir in your red food coloring until you get the desired shade of pink.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

{Pink Lemonade in a Jar}

1 pkg. Graham Crackers 
1/8 cup sugar
2 tbsp. Softened butter 

- Make the pie batter (is it batter when it’s a pie? Where is my sister when I need her?) and the whipped topping just like above as described above
- Next take your graham crackers and crush them up. I used a magic bullet, or you could just stick them in a baggy and take out some frustration ; )
- Mix in your sugar and butter until it is evenly distributed and the graham crackers look moist. Fee free to add a little more butter if you need.

{layering} 
 Layer your graham crackers, pink lemonade pie mix, and whipped topping however you like. I did each jar differently. Pictured above is: pie, graham crackers, pie, whipped topping. That probably turned out the prettiest : )

Next just put them in the freezer until you are ready to eat! 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

{Mini Pies}
I tried to make my own mini pie shells out of graham crackers, but let’s just say that was an EPIC fail! So I bought some pre-made mini pie shells at the grocery store! Then pour your batter into each shell and top with your whipped cream. Place it in freezer until you're ready to serve! This is great if you need to make them the night before!!

To Garnish I cut up graham crackers into little triangles (this was kind of difficult being it’s a cracker, but I made it work best I could) and added a lemon wedge : ) Or add whatever else you think might look cute. 

Here they are with the cupcake toppers I made

Mini Pie Toppers

Pie in a Jar

These little pies really made the party fun! They are so cool and refreshing! I just love them! I tried to give away a few of the mason jar desserts but my husband did everything but tackle me to the floor! He was NOT giving them up! Can't lie.. kinda made me feel good : )
If you’d like to catch up on a few of my other Pink Lemonade Crafts you can check them out below, just click on the picture!
Pink Lemonade Mason Jars MAIN_edited-1 Cupcake Stand 1 Paper Flower Tutorial

You can see the Pink Lemonade Party Reveal HERE
Cherished Bliss Pink Lemonade Party
I’d be thrilled if you stopped by and said HI! I’d be even more thrilled if you decided to follow along in my adventures of a crazy crafting life!
rss feeds twitter pinterest facebook
Thank you sweet sister for having me over! I miss you so much and wish we could still have coffee together! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...