January 22, 2012

Kale Chips

I have recently seen Kale Chips everywhere from Pinterest to Food Network and had to give them a try. I have always been a big fan of kale and all the nutrients this vegetable carries. I usually add raw kale to salads or throw in a couple of leaves while juicing.
Kale is low in Saturated Fat, and very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Protein, Vitamin E, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Folate, Iron and Magnesium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Potassium, Copper and Manganese.
 
 

You may not be able to tell by the picture above but this is crispy Kale. It literally melts in your mouth. I will have to admit I am not a big fan of Kale Chips, but I will continue to crisp this vegetable and crumble all the nutrients over soups, salads, sandwiches, and dips.
(shhhhh kids will never know)
The possibilities are quite endless!
 
This is how I made my Kale Chips:
It is really simple!
1 head of Kale (washed and dried)
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper
Shredded Parmesan Cheese
( I did not accurately measure any of these ingredients)
 
Cut or tear kale into bite size pieces.
Add kale pieces to a large mixing bowl.  Lightly drizzle olive oil over kale; start with a 1 TBS of oil and add more as needed. Then sprinkle salt and pepper to taste and add your desired amount of shredded Parmesan. Toss all ingredients until evenly coated. Spread kale evenly on a cookie sheet.
 
Cook at 250 degrees for about 30 minutes, tossing once half way through.
 
Enjoy :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog at the Sunday Social blog hop. I LOVE being in the kitchen...love cooking and I will be following along via facebook to see what you've been cooking.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made kale chips yesterday. They were so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, I make kale chips but often burn them, I like your cooler temperature and longer cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, my boys need to eat more greens. I can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never even heard of kale chips but I am so intrigued now that I am adding kale to my grocery list...I need to try this out!! This is being featured today at {Junk in their Trunk}...thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to try these - I have heard they are yummy! I just made Kale soup about a week ago - and I loved it so much I made another batch of it to bring to work for lunches. I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love me some Kale chips!!! I'll have to try mine with parmesean next time. Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! It's Julie from Oranges and Almonds FB page - I saw your Kale Chip picture and I came to the blog to get the recipe. I have always wanted to try these - since they are suppose to be so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. kale chips come with a Warning: you MUST CHECK YOUR TEETH IN A MIRROR after eating them ! I've never eaten them yet and not found itty bitty pieces of kale adhered to my teeth !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...