December 27, 2011

Happy Chanukah

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas filled with many sweet memories that will last a lifetime.
My family and I had an unforgettable Christmas this year and I could not have asked for more. Christmas is a very important remembrance of the wonderful birth of Jesus and I love to read the story of Christmas to my children and see there faces light up. This year my four year old was very interested in the manger scene and I was so touched that he wanted to know all about the birth of sweet, baby Jesus.
 
My family and I also observe all the Jewish holidays and this time of year we remember another miracle through the Chanukah story. If you have never read this story I encourage you to take a moment and read another miracle of Emmanuel.
 
 
Our Chanukah is filled with family fun

dancing

 and of course food!
             Pin It

I always make latkes and applesauce and would love to share the recipes I use.
Click on each link for the full recipe.

Easy Slow Cooker Applesauce

Stove Top Homemade Applesauce

Latke Recipe
 

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my Favorite recipes!YUMO!!!We used to have these alot when I was a kid:) Im going to try your recipe and make these for my kids,thanks,Deidre~,your newest follower:) stop by and chat sometime,http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...