December 6, 2011

Snowman Pretzel Sticks

Christmas time is underway and the cooking has begun!
These snowmen pretzel are so much fun for the kids to make. The smaller ones will love to sprinkle red and green sugar crystals and the older ones will fun have dipping pretzels in the chocolate and decorating! This is a winter treat sure to please anyone from 1 to 99 :)
        Pin It

First I prepared all the candy on a sheet of wax paper for easy access.

Accessories for Pretzel Snowmen
Hats- gum drops and black jellybeans with a Twizzler rim
Eyes- mini chocolate chips
Nose- orange decorating icing
Mouth- black decorating icing
Scarf- pull a part Twizzlers
Buttons- round decorating confetti

You can easily change any of the candy accessories to fit your snowmen.

You will also need:
1 package of pretzel rods
white chocolate for dipping


This is a closer look at the jelly bean top hats with a Twizzler rim.

Melt white chocolate according to the package directions.

I used a spoon to smooth chocolate on the pretzel rods because they were too large to actually dip. Then place them on waxed paper and let the pretzels cool for a few minutes. Afterward, I allowed my little one to sprinkle sugar crystals and my older children were able to place the eyes and buttons.
Place the snowmen in the fridge for about 15 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.


Use white chocolate as glue to place the hats on top of the pretzel stick.
Dip the gum drop and jelly bean hats in chocolate and then place the hats on top of the pretzel stick. Hold for a minute or until the hat is in place. Once the hats have harden in place, wrap Twizzler scarfs around the neck of the snowmen. Add the nose with orange icing and a smile with black icing.

You now have a wonderful treat that everyone will enjoy!








4 comments:

  1. OMG these are ADORABLE! I love the first picture ; ) They look like real pretzel snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and look so yummy. Thanks for sharing. I would love it if you could link this up to our linky party going on right now.

    http://junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com/2011/12/link-it-up-wednesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Audra! You won my giveaway! Congrats! Send me your email so I can pass it along to Carmella!

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/12/giveaway-4-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. aren't these sure cute.

    CONGRATS YOU WON THE Blooming Words Giveaway. YA-HOO! Please email me at jenglamgirl@gmail.com

    I posted your win on my COM-FB page. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...