Watermelon... oh how I love watermelon! I look forward to this wonderful fruit every summer. Not only is this fruit tasty and refreshing, but it is so good for you! Check out these
fun, food facts about watermelon:
- only 46 calories per cup, balled
- high in potassium
- high in vitamins A and C
- the high content of water makes watermelon a great snack option for weight loss
- a wonderful thirst quencher on a hot summer day
- low in sodium
- low in saturated fat
When choosing a watermelon look for :
- dark green color
- heavy weight for the size of melon
- look for the "ground spot"
- the bottom of the watermelon should have a yellow, creamy spot indicating it sat on the ground while soaking up all the vitamins from the nice, warm sun
Need watermelon recipes, here is a few of my favorites...
What are you doing with your watermelon this summer?