September 17, 2012

Grilled Romaine Hearts with Spiced Rubbed Grilled Chicken

Fall is my favorite season, and I am so excited it's just around the corner! I love the colors of fall and the aroma of spices that fill my kitchen each year. I must warn you I also love pumpkin too. My daughter and I have already made two pumpkin pies and one pecan pie! I told her we had to stop, so we can enjoy all these flavors throughout the holidays. We just couldn't wait...pumpkin fever!

Back to romaine lettuce...I love grilling romaine lettuce and it especially pairs well with this Spice Rubbed Grilled Chicken I found over at
The Fountain Avenue Kitchen!
It was no surprise this recipe was a big hit with the family. Everyone loved the warmness of the grilled romaine lettuce and the spices of the rub. Then Ann's Everything Sauce brought all the flavors together! This was a perfect fall salad and I hope you will be able to enjoy this recipe soon.

Grilled Romaine

Grilling romaine hearts is so easy and it brings new flavors everyone will enjoy!

Ingredients:
3 romaine hearts
3 TBS Extra Virgin
Olive Oil
salt and pepper (to taste)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 TBS vinegar (your choice of vinegar)
I did not add vinegar to this batch because I drizzled Ann's Everything Sauce over the salad!

First mix olive oil, vinegar and seasonings together.
Olive Oil and Herbs

Strip any bad leaves and wash and dry your romaine hearts. Then cut about an inch off the tips.
Romaine Lettuce

Then clean the brown ends leaving the root intact.

Romaine Lettuce End

Next, brush olive oil mixture over the romaine hearts covering all sides. Then place romaine hearts on a hot grill. Turn often until each side is nicely charred and slightly wilted.
Grilled Romaine 1

Chop grilled lettuce and serve with Ann's Spice Rubbed Grilled Chicken and Everything Sauce, click here for the recipe. This meal was also severed with

Rice Select Royal Blend
Ingredients:
2 cups Royal Blend
3 cups low sodium chicken broth
2 tsp butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp garlic and herb seasoning

Combine broth, rice blend, salt, seasoning, and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover with tight fitting lid; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff with fork.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for linking. I'm excited about fall food too.

    Grilled romaine is fantastic. Seems only right to grill some chicken up while you're at it and make a salad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...