September 25, 2012

Egg in a Hole

To be honest, I have never heard of "Egg in a Hole" until a few weeks ago. One day I was scrolling down my Facebook newsfeed and found a picture of 
Necessary Indulgence's first Egg in a Hole.
I was so intrigued! I had to quickly make my own and now my whole family is addicted! What a easy and quick breakfast idea! If you have not tried this fun breakfast, I promise you will not be disappointed :) I serve my egg in a hole with jellied round toast, a sliced tomato, and cucumbers! Serving cucumbers and tomatoes with eggs and toast is something my grandmother always did, and I am so glad I took after her! Yum :)

Egg in a Hole

Ingredients:
bread of your choice
butter
eggs
salt and pepper (to taste)

First cut a 2 inch hole in the center of the bread. I used a biscuit cutter, I have also seen  a heart cookie cutter used, such a cute idea! Next, heat griddle on medium heat and melt 1/2 TBS butter. Lay bread on the griddle or frying pan and crack a egg in the hole. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.

Egg in a Hole 2

Add butter to the griddle or bread as needed to brown and crisp the toast. Flip the egg and round, season with salt and pepper. Cook another 2 minutes for a runny yolk, or slightly longer for a set egg.
Egg in a Hole 3
Egg in a Hole 5

I hope you will enjoy this brilliant breakfast soon!

4 comments:

  1. These are so good. My son found a recipe years ago when he was in elementary school. The recipe called them "eggs in a nest".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eggs in a hole! I always fry the center on the bread in the butter too! Love, Love, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm embarrassed that I missed commenting on this post last week. Can you believe that I've never made egg in a hole? Will have to try it out fr my son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just contemplating making this. Oh how I wished I had made this. I opted for a grilled cheese instead. I must confess I have never made this before, but I do believe that I will be making this for breakfast tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...