April 12, 2012

Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken

One day last week I did not have anything planned out for dinner, nor did anything sound tempting enough to prepare.
I did not even want to think about going to the grocery store,
we have a love hate relationship!
Knowing I had to get dinner started sometime soon, I raided my pantry and came out with the ingredients listed below.
To my surprise I created a very successful and comforting dinner for the family!
This slow cooker creamy chicken pairs well with cheesy, garlic and herb mashed potatoes (
click here for recipe)
and fresh steamed broccoli.
I will definitely be making this again!

Creamy Crock Pot Chicken

1 12oz Pacific Cream of Chicken
1 12oz Pacific Cream of Celery
(I highly recommend Pacific brand if it is available at your
grocery store)

3/4 cup Chicken Broth
1/4 tsp kosher salt & fresh ground pepper (or to your taste)
1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning
1/2 tsp onion powder
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Add the cream of chicken, cream of celery, chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic and herb, and onion powder in a mixing bowl and combine well.
Place chicken breast in the slow cooker and pour the mixture over the chicken and cover. I cooked this chicken for 6-8 hours on low, but if needed cook on high for 3-4 hours.

You can serve the whole chicken breast or shred all the chicken breast. Shred chicken and place back in the crock pot to let the gravy soak in the shredded chicken. This is excellent served over mashed potatoes!

This chicken would work really well in chicken and dumplings or chicken pot pie!

Hope you enjoy!
Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day :)

4 comments:

  1. this looks yummy! and i like the fact that i could start it and leave it for a while... thanks for stopping by my blog. am following you now too! i'd love it if you linked up some of your great recipes to my link party tomorrow!

    andie @ crayonfreckles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh chicken pot pie - yum. This recipe looks fabulous, thanks so much for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fast and delicious! Loving this recipe! We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Please join us again next week! Thanks! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking with See Ya In the Gumbo! You've reminded me to use my crock pot more often--I always forget about it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...