November 23, 2011

New, Nifty Gadget

Wilton's Chocolate Pro®
Melting Pot

This is a fun, new gadget in my kitchen and perfect for holiday cooking. You can dip strawberries, cherries, cookies, cake pops, pretzels, and the list goes on. No need for double boilers or microwaves and the clean up is fast. This little gadget quickly melts chocolate and then keeps it warm. I purchased mine at Michael's for $15 with a 50% off coupon. I am really putting mine to use with chocolate covered strawberries.

 I tried to make Pumpkin Pie Cake Pops and they did not turn out. I think Wilton Candy Melts have changed because no matter what I did the candy melts just would not work. Anybody else having problems with Wilton Candy Melts? What chocolate do you use for cake pops?

I have been using 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips for chocolate covered strawberries and I am very pleased. The chocolate is very silky and elegant.

What chocolate do you use for your melting projects?

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving and many blessing!


3 comments:

  1. Hmm... I've had this problem before too! ; ) Oh wait! I think you were there! Yup, you were definitely there. Either it's me, or it's Wilton's chocolate... lets go with them!

    Miss yall! We will have a Thanksgiving when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They definitely changed their recipe. I used their candy melts for years and never had a problem until recently when I tried to make cake balls and it did not work at all! I was able to melt the chocolate until smooth but it was still just too thick. I have heard of a lot of other people having this problem too so I don't think it is just me. :) I started using Log House Vanilla CandiQuick Coating and it works great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this melting pot as well! I use the Wilton chocolate. Sometimes I have to add a little oil, but usually it works pretty well! You have some really awesome recipes here, I can't wait to check out more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...