Found this recipe in Southern Living about 4 years ago and still make this recipe today. A perfect dinner for a delightful spring night. This recipe is a definite crowd pleaser :)
1 pound chicken breast tenders
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 large eggs
2 cups crushed tortilla chips
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Combine 1/3 cup flour and next 4 ingredients.
3. Next, whisk eggs just until foamy.
4. Place a wire rack coated with cooking spray on a 15- x 10-inch baking sheet.
5. Dredge chicken tenders in flour mixture, shaking off excess; dip in egg mixture, and dredge in crushed tortilla chips. Lightly coat chicken on each side with cooking spray; arrange chicken on wire rack.
6. Bake at 425 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until done, turning once half way through. These tortilla crusted chicken strips pair very well with this pineapple kiwi salsa.
2 (8-oz.) cans pineapple tidbits, drained
*of course fresh pineapple is always a good choice as well
2 kiwifruit, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon minced jalapeño pepper
Salt to taste
1. Stir together first 5 ingredients; add salt to taste.
juice of 1 lime
zest 1/2 lime
1 TBS chopped cilantro (add more if you like)
1/4 chili powder
salt to taste
Mix all ingredients and dollop over chicken and salsa!